RECIPES BY JENN BECAUSE A HEALTHY DIET IS A GREAT WAY TO MITIGATE STRESS IN THE BODY AND SUPPORT BURNOUT RECOVERY. BOOK JENN FOR A WORKSHOP TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT BURNOUT PREVENTION AND RECOVERY.
- 4 fresh, or thawed from frozen, cod fillets (or any white fish you have handy)
- The juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp honey (omit the honey if you’re on a Whole 30 like me)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups of chopped veggies of your choice (I used sliced zucchini, tomatoes, and carrots)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Line a 9 x 13 glass casserole dish with parchment paper (just the bottom to prevent sticking, or you can oil the bottom)
- Stir together the olive oil, lime juice and zest, honey, and all of the seasonings (set aside)
- Arrange the vegetable at the bottom of the casserole dish
- Place the cod fillets on top of the bed of vegetables
- Evenly coat the fillets with the lime, oil, and seasoning mixture
- Drizzle the remaining oil mixture over the vegetables
- Bake for 15 minutes (or until the cod is cooked fully) in hot oven and serve
Confession: I like to add fresh Parmesan to this meal – if you tolerate dairy give it a try!
Note: If you like your veggies softer you can put them in the oven for 5 minutes first and then add the cod for the last 15 minutes.