Recipes by Jenn Bruer because food is a great way to help mitigate the stress response in the body. Burnout is a real issue that concerns us all. Book Jenn for a workshop to find out more about burnout prevention and recovery.
Serious yum factor here!
1 can of full-fat coconut milk
2 cups frozen fruit (e.g. blue berries, mango, banana, strawberries, raspberries)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
Optional: Jenn’s homemade banana crunch granola
Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint
- Place the can of coconut milk in the fridge over night or at least for a few hours so that it separates.
- Open the can and scoop out only the top “solid” portion of the can (save the liquid part for something else later or simply drink it)
- Place 1 cup of the fruit, the solid coconut milk, the vanilla, and the cinnamon into the blender and blend on high until smooth (if using frozen you may have to add a few tablespoons of the coconut liquid to get it moving)
- Now fold the remaining fruit into the creamy mixture. If using blueberries or raspberries, keep them whole. If using larger fruit cut into small bite size pieces.
- Layer the parfait in a tall parfait dish by adding cream, then a layer of granola…repeat. Top with fresh or frozen fruit and place in the fridge to “set” for a least an hour (especially if using frozen fruit).
Omit the granola if you want, it tastes great even without!