RECIPES BY JENN BECAUSE A HEALTHY DIET IS A GREAT WAY TO MITIGATE STRESS IN THE BODY AND SUPPORT BURNOUT RECOVERY. BOOK JENN FOR A WORKSHOP TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT BURNOUT PREVENTION AND RECOVERY.
2 pounds grass-fed stewing beef
2 onions, diced
1 large rutabaga (or potatoes if you prefer), chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 large carrots, sliced
7 button mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup red wine
1/4 cup beef stock or bone broth
3 tbsp of melted butter (or ghee)
2 tbsp of coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
3 bay leaves
Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large greased frying pan, brown the onion, mushrooms, carrots, rutabaga, and stewing beef.
- Once the beef is browned add the wine and let simmer for about 4 minutes.
- Transfer everything to your slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Stir it up so everything is evenly coated with the liquid.
- Cook for about 6 hours (more is fine too).
- Add more salt and pepper to taste when serving.
- If your slow cooker is on the smaller side, try cutting the ingredients in half.
- This recipe is low carb!
- If you don’t have time to brown the ingredients first, this works FINE with just popping all ingredients in and slow cook on medium/high for 6-8 hours!
- If you like a saucier beef stew add 2 cups of stock (or water) with 1 tbsp coconut flour whisked- do this in your step 3
- Peas are a nice addition too, I add them depending on who I am serving!