Recipes by Jenn because diet IS A GREAT WAY TO MITIGATE STRESS IN THE BODY AND SUPPORT BURNOUT RECOVERY. BOOK JENN FOR A WORKSHOP TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT BURNOUT PREVENTION AND RECOVERY.
4 tablespoons of melted butter
1 1/2 cups ripe mashed bananas
1/2 cup of honey
1/4 cup sour cream (you can use full fat coconut milk if you don’t do dairy)
3 eggs beaten
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of baking soda
3/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 tsp organic saigon cinnamon
3 cups of almond flour (or walnut if you like)
2 tbsp coconut flour
Optional additions: walnut pieces, pecan pieces, dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F, grease or line loaf pan with parchment
- In a mixer combine your “wet” ingredients until quite smooth
- In a separate bowl stir together your dry ingredients
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet slowly until well incorporated
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan, bake for 60 minutes
- Take the loaf out and let cool (minimum 10 minutes), slice the banana bread and place slices on a baking sheet, place in the oven at 325 for another 10 minutes to dry the bread out a little more (if you want to wait until you are serving it to cook the bread the additional 10 minutes you can, I do)
- Serve with a spread of butter or coconut oil and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup. Top with grilled bananas and a sprinkle of cinnamon if you wish!
This bread freezes well too!