Recipes by Jenn Bruer because food is a great way to help mitigate the stress response in the body. Burnout is a real issue that concerns us all. Book Jenn for a workshop to find out more about burnout prevention and recovery.
1/2 a butternut squash
1-2 tbsp melted coconut oil (or butter)
Dash of salt
Optional: Organic Ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Peel and slice butternut squash into any shape fry you fancy (don’t wash them or they’ll be too wet)
- Coat them with coconut oil and place on a baking sheet for 15 minutes (keep an eye on them so they don’t burn because all ovens vary)
- Flip them over and cook for another 10 minutes
- If they are golden brown and a fork easily inserts then they are done! (not too hard and not too soft just as if it were a potato french fry)
- Season them with salt or chili powder for a kick!